1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1 Live Time Display Question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Replytoken, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I am still getting my feet wet with Live Time and Live Composite and had one question about the display in Live Time. On the LCD screen, there is a line above the time count that says "Display Count X/24" where X counts up to 24 quicker than the timer. When X hits 24, the line disappears. What is this data being displayed?

--Ken

2. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    This is a count of screen refreshes. The 'live' part of live time isn't actually live, it just updates the screen periodically. When I'm doing astro-photography, I typically get a screen refresh every 8 or 15 seconds, and after the 24th update it stops the update process. As I recall, the total number of updates is a function of the ISO you set, and the interval is controlled within the settings menu.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    It look like I'll need to menu dive a bit more to find this setting.

Thanks,

--Ken

4. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I have a similar question regarding live time. Is there a way to continue the screen refresh after 24 display count limit? Or should the display interval be bumped up to see the "needed exposure" before hitting the display count max? Thanks.

5. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Custom Menu E

Bulb/Time Timer (Exposure time)
    1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 20, 25, 30 minutes

Live Bulb or Live Time (How often the LCD updates for live bulb exposures)

60, 30, 15, 8 sec, 4 sec, 2 sec, 1 sec, .5sec, off

Display Count (Maximum number of LCD updates)
    ISO Low -24 times
    ISO 400 – 19 times
    ISO 800 x 14 times
    ISO 1600 – 9 times

• Like Like x 1
  6. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I got this part. The exposure build up display stops at the max LCD updates (depending on ISO values set). I'm not sure if there's a way to continue the live exposure build up display past the max updates.

7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    If you are asking if the exposure continues without LCD updates - yes that occurs up until the maximum exposure time set, when the shutter closes. The opposite is true as well, the shutter may close (at the Exposure time set) before all of the live view updates have displayed - depending on the choices one makes.