E-M1 Lever.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Empato, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Empato

Empato Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Central Scotland.
    This may well be something stupid, but i cannot get the lever function on my E-M1 to change function.

In menu option B Button/Dial/Lever i have Lever Function set to mode 1, but in Aperture priority for example, when i switch from lever position 1 to 2, the front and rear wheel still only change the aperture and exposure compensation settings.

Can anyone please point me in the correct direction as to what i'm doing wrong?

2. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    It could be a real issue or you might have the mode 2 customized to replicate mode 1
    Try resetting it using the menus

3. Empato

Empato Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Central Scotland.
    I have tried resetting all settings using the Reset/Myset Full reset option, but for some reason, the position 2 still makes no difference when i switch it.

4. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Check this setting:

- B Button/Dial/Lever

-- Last line, control lever position 2, change from Off to On

5. stringshifter6

stringshifter6 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 3, 2012
    California
    There's a real possibility that it is not working. On my first copy, the lever did not work out of the box.

6. Empato

Empato Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Central Scotland.
    Unfortunately, it is looking like that is the case. Might try updating the firmware to the newest version tonight in the hope that it makes any difference.

7. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Did you check what I wrote in message 4? It isn't obvious, and it is not reset.

8. Empato

Empato Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Central Scotland.
    I did thanks.