1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M1 Keystone Correction

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Carbonman, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Yes, it makes my workflow better

20.0%
  2. No, it's a waste of time that unnecessarily complicates my shooting

20.0%
  3. Not sure, I haven't really played with the new features

60.0%
  4. I'd rather the firmware would allow saving the changes to RAW

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Here's what the building looked like when shot before the E-M1's internal 'Keystone Correction' feature was used:

24337465630_74f4ae0072_b. RAW to JPG SOOC by Graham Moore, on Flickr

Here's the corrected image using the E-M1's internal correction capability:

24606831016_eaa4fabb5f_b. JPG E-M1 Keystone Correction by Graham Moore, on Flickr

I find the result useful because it shows you what's being cropped out in the finished product. I also find it irritating because it doesn't modify the RAW file. I can make changes in OV3 or many other programs, so find it of limited utility as part of the camera software.

2. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    I think LR can do this too; so might be better to do it in PP rather than with the camera

3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    I'm waiting for a couple of clients to pay their invoices and I'll be buying LR6.

4. I do it in PP, there's better control of fine adjustment plus I need to correct for barrel distortion and the like anyway. Nevertheless I always compose with the in camera correction on so I can tell what will get lost after correction.

• Informative Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.