E-M1 issues

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by pcrit, Apr 28, 2014.

1. pcrit

pcrit Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2014
    I bought a new E-M1 about 4 months ago and have shot with it maybe 5 times as it's my backup to full frame. I had an issue where it locked up while shooting a few times and had to power on/off to get it working again. I updated to the latest firmware but have only done a few shots since so hopefully that resolved it. My biggest concern is while I was in the menu doing some wireless flash settings it froze up completely and was stuck on the menu option and I couldn't do anything. I powered on/off but the menu still stayed on the lcd and the only way I could get out of it was to pop the battery. This really worries me and thinking I should send it in for service. Has anyone else had this happen? If it helps the battery was almost at full charge. I have never had issues before with any camera but this really concerns me.

2. pcrit

pcrit Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2014
    Am I the only one?

3. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Mine locked up once and have taken a lot of pictures since purchased new. I don't worry about it.

4. Empato

Empato Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2014
    Central Scotland.
    No lock ups, but my lever doesn't work. Cant bear to part with the camera though, so will probably put up with it.

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    What memory card are you using? I had similar issues with another camera some time ago and it was a memory card causing the lockup.