E-M1 III body for EUR 1469 / GBP 1379 / USD 1599 (worldwide, free shipping)

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
Now available at e-infin.com:
https://www.e-infin.com/ww/item/410...ark_iii_mirrorless_digital_camera_(body_only)

I'm currently checking if Olympus' 3 year warranty extension can be applied to such an imported camera. It would make by far the most affordable option to get the camera right now where I live.

I've ordered from them before, and indeed there were NO additional taxes or custom duties to be paid upon arrival. I was surprised.

Ranger Rick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rick
I think what's happening with the price is that dealers are factoring into their accounting a $200 "trade-in bonus" and counting the sale as a trade-in, dropping the price to $1599.

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
I think what's happening with the price is that dealers are factoring into their accounting a $200 "trade-in bonus" and counting the sale as a trade-in, dropping the price to $1599.
What do you mean by that? I would think trade-in bonuses are for private buyers, not for dealers buying the camera from Olympus. Is that what you mean?

Ranger Rick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rick
No, I assume Olympus is giving dealers the $200 which makes up $200 bonus. As I understand it, the dealers are the ones individually pricing the value of your trade-in and in effect they are buying it for their inventory or wholesale- it is not Olympus buying. Whatever the dealer thinks your trade-in is worth, that is what they offer/you get above the $200 coming from Olympus. So the dealer tells Olympus that they sold 15 Mark IIIs with trade-ins (even if some/all did not actually have trade-ins), Olympus sends a check for $3,000. Olympus is not involved in the trade-in or its valuation. The $200/body thus reduces the dealer's cost and allows a price of $1,599 without the dealer bearing the cost of the "discount".

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
These are grey market imports, without the Olympus warantee. That's why they're cheaper.
I'm aware of that. That's why I wrote "I'm currently checking if Olympus' 3 year warranty extension can be applied to such an imported camera" in the original post.

Real Name
Jeff
I'm aware of that. That's why I wrote "I'm currently checking if Olympus' 3 year warranty extension can be applied to such an imported camera" in the original post.
My reply was for Ranger Rick, who thinks this must just be an applied trade up discount.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom