E-M1 II -- disable 100% default zoom

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
When I review an image and roll the zoom wheel one step, the view will jump to a 1:1 (100%) zoom. I find this irritating. I prefer the Panasonic way which just zooms one step instead of all the way. Makes way more sense to me.

Any way I can change this behavior on the E-M1 II? If yes, where?

Thanks in advance. I wasn't able to find anything related on Google.

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
Or I prefer to set D2/Default playback zoom setting (5th row of D2 menu) to "Recently", which I think is the default.
Strangely this option is completely missing from the manual!

Reactions: ibd

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
Excellent! Thanks a lot. These are some poor translations. I guess they mean "100%" (or "pixel to pixel") and "last used", respectively.

Or what exactly is the behavior of "recently"?

Davidof_CR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Chmelík
"Recently" means that after pressing the Magnify button, the camera zooms to last used zoom ratio (as you wrote, actually).

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
Recently means the same magnification level you were at the last time you used it. Short for "Most recently used setting".
Equally means 100%, pixel to pixel.
(Not the Magnify button - that is a completely different feature.)

Davidof_CR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Chmelík
I meant the button with a picture of a magnifying glass pressed while you are viewing the photos. Then it enlarges the photo to recently used ratio.

Growltiger

Mu-43 All-Pro
I meant the button with a picture of a magnifying glass pressed while you are viewing the photos. Then it enlarges the photo to recently used ratio.
This thread is about rotating the rear wheel while viewing a photo that we have taken.
That setting in the D2 menu has no effect on the Magnify button used when taking a photo.
But I see what you mean - that button is another way to get a magnified view of a viewed photo, but I think the wheel is easier.

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
I only use the wheel. I can't even find that button.
Thanks to you both. :)

Davidof_CR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Chmelík
There is no button on EM1, I mixed it up, it is only a picture of the magnifying glass by the wheel (on EM1x) ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom