1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1 Getting Tired

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by banj911, Sep 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. banj911

banj911 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2014
    QLD Australia
    Hi, my E-M1 has been a victim of the rear rubber coming off for a while now but it's not a big issue so I've put up with it. Lately though, the rear dial is becoming less responsive, again a common problem and somewhat more frustrating and yesterday the play button seems to have come unseated, is loose and only works when pushed quite hard. Has anybody else had a problem with the play button?
    I've contacted Olympus's service centre in Australia and hoping they may be able to assist, at least with the known rubber and dial issues. Iv'e not heard of the play button causing issues though so it will be interesting to see what they say as I've had mixed experiences with the service centre in the past.
    My hope is that if I send it in, the common issues get sorted and if I have to pay for the repair of the button then that's a good outcome.
    Cheers.

2. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

I've not had issues with the buttons or wheels even though my E-M1 is quite battered - but many others did. The rubber did start coming off, bottom right corner, but it was still holding on until I used the camera in hot weather for two weeks. More came off and eventually it caught on something during a nighttime shooting, fell off and got lost. Camera was picked up by the courier today for repairs - miraculously I made it a week before the extended warranty ran out.

Do you mean that Olympus fix the rubber even outside of warranty based on this being a common problem?

3. banj911

banj911 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2014
    QLD Australia
    I'm hoping they will given that it is a known issue. I'm sure I've read of others who have had this repaired out of warranty free of charge. It may depend on which country you are in though, some repair centres may be more generous than others.

• Agree Agree x 1