1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-M1 Focus Trap

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Richmicro43, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Richmicro43

Richmicro43 New to Mu-43

Apr 19, 2015
    Rich
    Does anyone know if it's possible to set focus trap on the E-M1.
    I want the camera to automatically fire when a subject enters a predetermined focus point. Thanks
    Rich

2. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    I just watched Matt Granger's video in that. Was wondering the same thing.

3. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Ask Olympus and see what they say....and then tell the rest of us.

4. Richmicro43

Richmicro43 New to Mu-43

Apr 19, 2015
    Rich
    Good idea, don't know why I did not think of that.
    Will do today.

5. Richmicro43

Richmicro43 New to Mu-43

Apr 19, 2015
    Rich
    I asked Olympus. Here are there responses.
    "No, it is not possible to do this using the E-M1 camera, as this is no a function built into the camera. Please note that professional photographers use third party triggers, that work with sound or with light, to capture very fast moving subjects in a similar manner, but even with these type of item, it usually requires a lot of trial and error."
    I thanked them and asked to consider it in future OMD cameras.
    They went on to say "You are quite welcome. We appreciate your feedback very much. I do agree with you, and think it would be great to add this option to future O-MD cameras. Although I personally do not know if this is possible or can be done, I will forward your comments to the appropriate department for review and consideration. Thank you for choosing Olympus products."
    Rich

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Focus Trap will not work on Olympus cameras because there is no means to keep the shutter from firing if the lens is not focused, despite the Release Priority option settings in Custom Menu C, Rls Priority.