1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1 firmware update 2.2 now available

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mcasan, Nov 25, 2014.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    They don't have it list on the support page last night. Got an email from Olympus and the Oympus Updater software did retrieve version 2.2 and put it on my E-M1. The description said the update was about improving AF with 40-150 and about white spots ( over exposure ?). No problem with the download.

Downloads Available:

E-M1 Version 1.3 updates to version 1.4
    - Shooting images when using the remote control function of the smart phone application "OLYMPUS Image Share" now supports
    Art Filter, custom self timer, zoom operation when using the electric zoom, Digital Tele-converter, and Release mode.
    *It is necessary to update to the latest version of OLYMPUS Image Share.
    - AF response when using four thirds lenses has been improved.
    - Stabilization of shooting in C-AF has been improved.

E-M1 Version 1.4 updates to version 2.0
    [ Caution ]When the firmware is updated to version 2.0, settings other than AF Focus adjustments are reset.

8 new functions have been added:
    -Keystone Compensation (Digital Shift)
    -Tethered Shooting System (OLYMPUS capture)
    -Live Composite photography
    -Zoom In/Out and Layout have been added to Photo Story. Save (complete partway through), Temporary Save, and Resume functions have been added to Photo Story mode.
    -Vintage and Partial color have been added to art filter.
    -Old film effect has been added to movie effect.
    -The Aperture Lock function has been added to Aperture Preview.
    -The Panning Shot Shooting mode has been added to SCN mode.
    16 operability improvements:
    -Image display time lag: 16 msec (when frame rate setting is high)
    -Multiple simultaneous settings are now available in Live Guide.
    -Exposure compensation (±3 EV) is now available in HDR 1/HDR2 shooting.
    -A function was added to cancel Color Creator and return to the original Picture Mode by pressing the MENU button when using Color Creator function.
    -Even when Art Filter is set for the Picture Mode in movie shooting, the Movie Tele-converter can now be used.
    -AF function for each frame was added to Custom Self Timer. In Drive Mode's Custom Self Timer settings, you can now press the INFO button to change settings.
    -MF Assist is now supported in magnified frame position.
    -3x has been added to high resolution magnified Live View.
    -The Peaking display frame rate has been improved.
    -Electronic zoom speed setting function was added. An icon appears on the LCD monitor when using the Olympus zoom lens.
    -When the arrow pad is set to Direct function, the Underwater/Underwater macro functions can be used with the left and down button on the arrow pad.
    -Double tap is now supported in touch operations on the Super Control Panel.
    -The level gauge and histogram can now be displayed during magnified frame display. The Touch Off icon was added to magnified frame display.
    -A function was added so that shooting information recorded in HDR1/HDR2 can be viewed in the playback screen. Information on composited number of shots for images recorded with Live Composite was added.
    -Short-cut access is now supported for Live Composite, Live Bulb, and Live Time setting menus.
    -When the BKT button is pressed for seconds, the BKT menu now appears.
    OI.Share
    -OI.Share version 2.4 is supported.

E-M1 Version 2.0 updates to version 2.1
    Precision of AF when M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO lens is mounted has been improved.
       Note: When updating the firmware from Version 1.0/1.1/1.3/1.4 to Version 2.1, the camera settings other than the AF focus adjustments are reset.
       When updating the firmware from 2.0, the camera settings are maintained.

2. fotomatix

fotomatix Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Canada
    I just got my EM-1 a few days ago. (Loving it of course).

I assume I can update from 1.1 to 2.2 directly (or latest firmware update)? I understand that all settings will be 'reset to default'?

Thank you for confirming.

(wow, Olympus have done an impressive job with providing updates and correcting or adjusting so many elements)

3. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Correct, go ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

Should we risk this just before Christmas?!

5. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    I just did my wife's new E-M1, then saved all the settings from mine on the spread sheet available online (can't remember name off hand). Then after confirming hers was set properly and working I upgraded mine and then reset everything. It all went with no problems, but like you I was a little apprehensive to do it.

6. m43happy

m43happy Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    I wonder if a silent electronic shutter will ever be available as an update. It can't be too difficult to implement right? I'm wondering if there are hardware limitations like heating or something. Oh well, I can only wish. :redface:

7. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    The spreadsheet is on Biofos.com

I guess I'd better upgrade my E-M1 as Santa is coming...

Barry