1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1 Firmware 4.0 is here!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by marcr1230, Dec 3, 2015.

1. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    ok - maybe I should have looked at the other threads first - thanks for not beating me up

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    We do appreciate your enthusiasm, however.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Yes, and welcome to last week. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I still haven't updated, so thanks for reminding me I still need to do it some time (I'm in no rush)

5. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

upload_2015-12-7_15-15-31.
    When will this end...

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I am considering updating the FW to 4.0 and was wondering if this was still the case. Anything else beyond the usual precautions that I need to be aware of?

--Ken

7. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Some people have claimed that they are getting blurred images because of the updates with the stacked focus mode and IBIS. I have not found this to be the case in either the EM1 or the EM5 Mk II. Other than that, I find it to be a worth while update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, All updates between major versions will reset all settings on all Olympus bodies.
    There is a spreadsheet at biofos.com for saving your O-MD settings.

Barry

9. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    My E-M1 currently has FW 3 and I have the v.2 spreadsheet from that update. I was able to download the v.4 spreadsheet, but would like one for v.3 if it exists. I need to search a bit more at their site to see.

Thanks,

--Ken

10. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    It takes all of 5 minutes to write down your settings by going through the menu. You then download 4.0 and reset everything. All it takes is a little planning (pen, paper, make sure the camera battery is fully charged) and possibly 20-30 minutes of your time - no big deal. Besides, we're all gearheads or we wouldn't even care about such esoteric things as firmware updates. It's fun to explore the new capabilities!

11. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

+1 the above. It is worth the time to write down your settings so they can be quickly restored. It is rather a long update so a fresh battery charge is wise. You won't need it all but it doesn't hurt to be safe.