E-M1 Firmware 4.0 is here!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by marcr1230, Dec 3, 2015.

1. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    ok - maybe I should have looked at the other threads first - thanks for not beating me up
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    We do appreciate your enthusiasm, however.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Yes, and welcome to last week. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    I still haven't updated, so thanks for reminding me I still need to do it some time (I'm in no rush)
  5. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

When will this end...
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    I am considering updating the FW to 4.0 and was wondering if this was still the case. Anything else beyond the usual precautions that I need to be aware of?

7. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Some people have claimed that they are getting blurred images because of the updates with the stacked focus mode and IBIS. I have not found this to be the case in either the EM1 or the EM5 Mk II. Other than that, I find it to be a worth while update.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Hi, All updates between major versions will reset all settings on all Olympus bodies.
    There is a spreadsheet at biofos.com for saving your O-MD settings.

9. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    My E-M1 currently has FW 3 and I have the v.2 spreadsheet from that update. I was able to download the v.4 spreadsheet, but would like one for v.3 if it exists. I need to search a bit more at their site to see.

10. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    It takes all of 5 minutes to write down your settings by going through the menu. You then download 4.0 and reset everything. All it takes is a little planning (pen, paper, make sure the camera battery is fully charged) and possibly 20-30 minutes of your time - no big deal. Besides, we're all gearheads or we wouldn't even care about such esoteric things as firmware updates. It's fun to explore the new capabilities!
  11. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

+1 the above. It is worth the time to write down your settings so they can be quickly restored. It is rather a long update so a fresh battery charge is wise. You won't need it all but it doesn't hurt to be safe.