E-M1 Firmware 1.3 Update Released

Janders

Mu-43 Top Veteran
For interest to fellow E-M1 owners. Firmware 1.3 update has been released. Improvements are listed below:

Dynamic range has been expanded when using the external mic. The sound level adjustment has been changed to adjust to 21 levels in accordance with this. A function to turn the Volume Limiter on and off was added.
* When it is on, it automatically limits the mic input volume if sound input volume exceeds the designated level.

A 0 second setting has been added to Anti-Shock mode.

The camera operation when the Frame Rate of live view is [High] have been improved.

tomO2013

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It's good to see that they are coming out with firmware updates that add new features...
A few things that I would like to see them add in the next few firmware updates :
*fix the screen refresh rate when focus peaking is enabled (long over due IMHO).
*Allow different colors for focus peaking.
*Provide a split screen focus mechanism like the XT1 (nice to have).
*Allow aperture ring control for Pan lenses (just checked the Nocticron there after 1.3 update and aperture ring control does not work).
*More video codecs.

All the same, it's good to see them releasing updates that add features/improve existing features more regularly.

riverr02

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Rafael
That zero second shutter shock option enables an electronic first curtain to eliminate shutter shock. Pretty big deal if you ask me, and not sure why they're downplaying it.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
II tried to find an official description of the contents and could not on the US Olympus page. This is one on a page in Japan. http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/

[ E-M1 ]
Ver.1.3
(Mar.31, 2014)
Dynamic range has been expanded when using the external mic. The sound level adjustment has been changed to adjust to 21 levels in accordance with this.
A function to turn the Volume Limiter on and off was added.
* When it is on, it automatically limits the mic input volume if sound input volume exceeds the designated level.
A 0 second setting has been added to Anti-Shock mode.
The camera operation when the Frame Rate of live view is [High] have been improved.

Ver.1.1
(Nov. 28 2013)
Compensation for chromatic aberration is supported when using the E-M1 and Panasonic’s LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. (H-FS14140) together.
Stabilization of shooting in the Sports mode and Children mode of the SCN mode or C-AF has been improved.
Live bulb image quality while noise reduction is on has been improved.
Improved AF operation.

I have updated both our cameras. So far, no harm...no foul.

Latest threads

Top Bottom