E-M1 eye-sensor trouble

Neftun

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Patrick Kristiansen
Hi!

Just got my hands on an em1 with 12-40 kit. Lots of impressive stuff, but it is the negative that takes all the attention, isn´t it?

I liked on my em5 to have the rear screen disengaged and the eye-sensor for the evf active. Saved power, and suited my shooting style. I applied the same setting on the em1, but the eye-sensor will not engage the evf until I move or the tilt the screen. Only the slightest movement is necessary, and then the sensor works fine, engages and disengages the evf just as I would expect. Until I turn off the camera, that is. Then I have to rinse and repeat...

This strikes me as odd, as it seems it is not a hardware issue, but hey, I´m no technician. I just updated the firmware to 1,1, and was hoping that would resolve the issue, but no. Anyone seen this, any quick fixes? Hate to have it returned or whatever...

Thanks for any help.

Joelmusicman

Mu-43 Regular
That's weird and very troubling, as that's exactly how I used my former E-M5. I'm assuming that you have the eye sensor off on both cameras, since I found the sensor to be more trouble than it was worth.

I'll let you know if the E-M1 has the same trouble as yours when I get it on Friday...

pclewis

Mu-43 Regular
I would advise having the sensor turned on. Hold down the Live View button on the left and hold for about 3 seconds. A menu comes up to turn off or on the EVF Sensor. Try turning it off and on and see what happens.

Phil

Neftun

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Patrick Kristiansen
I would advise having the sensor turned on. Hold down the Live View button on the left and hold for about 3 seconds. A menu comes up to turn off or on the EVF Sensor. Try turning it off and on and see what happens.

Phil

I'll do that. Have been switching it on and off in the menu, haven't made a difference. Hopefully this will.

I have been playing around with the settings a bit, and noticed the screen is quite bright when turned "off" by info button when the sensor is active but don't see an eye. It seem as an lcd and not oled it keeps backlight turned on, effectively not saving power. Then I might as well turn sensor off and have the evf always on, do not believe I will lose batterytime this way.

Patrick K

Latest threads

Top Bottom