1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1 Display Issue

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Carbonman, Dec 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    I have a new E-M1 that's been updated to 4.0. The EVF display won't show exposure compensation when I adjust it with the rear dial (using aperture priority). The bottom of the display also shows+0.3 and won't change from that setting, regardless of what I change. The menu's so massive compared to my E-M10 that I'm at a bit of a loss. Do I reset the camera and start over, or is it an issue with the camera that Olympus should deal with?

2. newphoto1

newphoto1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    In my eM-1 I change the exposure compensation by rotating the front dial.

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Go to B on the gears menu and choose dials. You can assign how the dials working in any mode. In A, one dial is aperture and the other is exp comp, and you can pick what you prefer. BTW, be sure the gear menu is turned. This option is under the spanner/wrench menu.

4. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Interesting and it worked! I had gone through this menu but went into it again. There are 2 over/under symbols; I'll check the owner's manual later to determine the difference. I picked the 2nd symbol and it worked beautifully. Now to start playing. Thanks to both of you for your help. I'll post later to clarify the differences so others can benefit from the experience.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1