E-M1 died. No power. Help?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RakSiam, Apr 9, 2016.

1. RakSiam

RakSiam Mu-43 Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    I've had my E-M1 since it first came out. It's been a total joy and the best camera I have ever used. But now it seems to have died. Just now it powered on fine and when I zoomed in with my 40-150 PRO everything went black. Tried cycling the power switch. Nothing. Changed the battery. Nothing. Changed the lens. Nothing. The power meter had read full last night when I checked. Tried battery #3. Still nothing.

So I am guessing this is a catastrophic failure. Could it be the power switch? I am charging the first battery at the moment to see if maybe it was just a matter of the batteries all being dead, but that seems highly unlikely. Anyone else experience anything like this?

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Take the lens off and take the SD card out and try again.

3. My newest E-M10 has failed twice in a similar manner. It came on briefly, but I couldn't select anything, then it would go black. Both times it went in for repair, but I don't know what was fixed.

4. RakSiam

RakSiam Mu-43 Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    I just noticed that the shutter is closed. Which it shouldn't be. I did try taking everything out and replacing.

5. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    On E-M10 I had about three random black outs in a couple of months with the shutter stuck closed (always when using flash). Turning off/on the camera solved the problem. On the fourth time it remained stuck, dead and it was fixed with a shutter replacement.