E-M1 Canada pre-orders

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gotak, Oct 7, 2013.

1. gotak

gotak Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    If I can sell tonight the 70-200 mk2 I'll be able to put in an order for the e-m1. The e-m5 will go to the wife for taking photos of our 5 month old while I am away at work.

I'd like to know a couple things from people who have ordered in Canada.

1) Which is the fastest way to get it? Direct Olympus or one of the retailers?

2) Does the retailers ship the parts of the order separate as they get the items or do they do it all in one go? Asking cause I'd like to take advantage of the deals by ordering the 12-40 and the 4/3 adapter at the same time.

A bit of a silly set of questions I know in number 2 but anyhow..
  2. Eubios

Eubios Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 24, 2012
    I got mine (and the MMF-3) on Oct 1st directly from Oly Canada - I placed the order on Sep 10.

I seem to remember that most of the early recipients got them directly.
  3. Colorbright

Colorbright Mu-43 Regular

Many of the people in Canada that pre-ordered directly from Olympus have already received their cameras. However, late last week I also heard (directly from someone at one of the major camera retailers) that their first allocations of EM-1s had just come in, and that they were expecting to hopefully fulfill everyone on their "preorder list" by the end of Oct.

Oh, and have a friend who wanted one, and after seeing the direct Olympus Canada orders start arriving, he told me that he called Olympus Canada to see about ordering direct, thinking that he would get the camera much faster from them. To make a long story short, they basically told him "No Dice", and that at this point the delivery timing when ordering from them would probably be no better than ordering from a retailer.

I would therefore think that unless you can get someone to sell you yours (unlikely, at least without paying a fat premium) you would be more likely to get one by approx. the end of the month in Canada (or maybe the beginning of Nov.?), as long as you are willing to go ahead and get on a list. If you like, feel free to PM me, and I will send you the contact info for the retail person who told me about the approx. dealer timing previously mentioned. Not certain that he can do more for you than just putting you on a list, but still trying to be helpful. :>)
  4. gotak

gotak Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Ok pull the trigger on the mmf-3, e-m1 and the 12-40. Only possible cause liquidating canon gear. But feel good to buy stuff :p :)
  5. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Olympus Canada probably post a list of the authorized retailers. Just download that list and start calling each dealer to see who has one available.