1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M1 Built in EVF

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by plantain, Feb 2, 2015.

1. plantain

plantain Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2014
    Halifax, NS Canada
    Jim
    In the E-M1 Owner's Manual on page 97 under Displayed Grid you can choose various grids. When I pick the grid it doesn't show up in my EVF no matter which style I choose.
    Does anyone else have this issue or am I just missing something.

2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    If you're using live view mode 3 it's tied to the grid setting on the main display settings, not the EVF settings.

Using mode 1/2 that setting works however.

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    In the menu the grid choices activate which grids will show in the EVF/LCD once you cycle to that display option using the INFO button while in shooting mode.
    Ready to take a photo, press INFO a few times and see if your grid comes up...

4. plantain

plantain Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2014
    Halifax, NS Canada
    Jim
    Thanks for the replies.

I figured it out the Grids only work in the EVF when you are using Style 1 or 2 where the camera information is located on a strip along the bottom. It doesn't work in Style 3 where the camera information is located around the EVF with no strip.

I am using firmware 2.2.

5. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    Yeap, as I said... except I said mode not style.

If you go into the settings under "D. Disp / sound / PC" and change the displayed grid setting it will add a grid for style 3.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.