E-M1 bracketing tip.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Well I've never come across it before anyway, it was by accident. :dance2:
    It free's up a dedicated button.

Set up the bracket values in Menu 2 and then turn them 'OFF'
    To turn bracketing on/off.......
    Flip lever switch to position 2 and press the HDR button by the main on/off switch....BINGO.
    To keep bracketing 'on'...return lever switch to position 1.
    To turn bracketing 'off'...Flip lever switch to position 2 and press the HDR button by the main on/off switch and flip lever switch to position 1.

If it's new to you, then play around with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    You know, I never use those buttons on that side of the camera. Pretty much only shoot my 50-200 SWD so holding the lens with my left hand. Any of the functions on those buttons (that I would use on a regular basis) can be accessed thru the SCP and that is easier to bring up with the right hand. I do like taking bracketed shots sometimes, so I thank you for this tip because I would always go thru the menu to turn it on. This is so much easier, I really should look at those controls a little more and see what else I can find. Only been with the system a year and a few months with the EM1, so still learning the little things with the user interface.

3. Photophil

Photophil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Atlanta Georgia area
    I set up bracketing on my E-M1 as a myset assigned to the iAuto position (which I never use) on the mode dial. Simple & Easy.

4. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    I already have mysets assigned to all those and that was my first plan but bracketing is pretty low on my priority and did not make to being assigned to a myset.