E-M1 bracketing tip.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    Well I've never come across it before anyway, it was by accident. :dance2:
    It free's up a dedicated button.

Set up the bracket values in Menu 2 and then turn them 'OFF'
    To turn bracketing on/off.......
    Flip lever switch to position 2 and press the HDR button by the main on/off switch....BINGO.
    To keep bracketing 'on'...return lever switch to position 1.
    To turn bracketing 'off'...Flip lever switch to position 2 and press the HDR button by the main on/off switch and flip lever switch to position 1.

If it's new to you, then play around with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Houston
    You know, I never use those buttons on that side of the camera. Pretty much only shoot my 50-200 SWD so holding the lens with my left hand. Any of the functions on those buttons (that I would use on a regular basis) can be accessed thru the SCP and that is easier to bring up with the right hand. I do like taking bracketed shots sometimes, so I thank you for this tip because I would always go thru the menu to turn it on. This is so much easier, I really should look at those controls a little more and see what else I can find. Only been with the system a year and a few months with the EM1, so still learning the little things with the user interface.

3. Photophil

Photophil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Atlanta Georgia area
    I set up bracketing on my E-M1 as a myset assigned to the iAuto position (which I never use) on the mode dial. Simple & Easy.

4. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Houston
    I already have mysets assigned to all those and that was my first plan but bracketing is pretty low on my priority and did not make to being assigned to a myset.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.