E-M1/BLN-1 Battery airline storage.

eteless

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've been looking for a solution for a while however I haven't found something better than a tictac box for protecting the contacts on the batteries however I'm sort of leaning towards a thicker ziplock bag just to prevent the added bulk.

For the E-5 I had plastic clip on cases which covered the bottom of the battery, however I can't seem to find the equivalent for the BLN-1, does anyone have any suggestions for traveling through overzealous airports where they require batteries to have protective covers to prevent shorts?

If someone knows of a ready made solution I'm all ears.

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Every BLN-1 I've bought comes in an appropriately sized zip-lock bag, I'm guessing for this very reason. I just keep each spare BLN-1 in its own zip-lock.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I bought a genuine battery and it didn't come in a zip lock bag. I'd throw it away even if it did, as they aren't particularly strong or handy to use. I've bought plenty of B&W filters, so I have cases for all of my batteries, be they Olympus ones or AAs etc. They work well and store well.

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
I use Op/Tech Media Holsters - comes in sets of two. Protected in storage, in my bags, for travel, and can even put them on my camera straps when I'm shooting.

eteless

Mu-43 All-Pro
I suspect I've thrown all my B+W filter cases out, I didn't like the square size because it wastes space so I've been using the older hoya/milo clear round cases. Hindsight is a bitch...

I guess I need to go on a hunt for filter cases, thanks.

Edit:
I use Op/Tech Media Holsters - comes in sets of two. Protected in storage, in my bags, for travel, and can even put them on my camera straps when I'm shooting.
They look pretty good too... about the right size and tick all the boxes. I'll keep them in mind, thanks.

eteless

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've bought plenty of B&W filters, so I have cases for all of my batteries, be they Olympus ones or AAs etc. They work well and store well.

For AAA/AA's I use the powerpax caddies, I can have the positive terminal down in the caddy for charged and when I pull dead ones out to replace them put them back in the caddy with the positive sticking out so I can instantly tell by feel which ones are charged or not.

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman

+1

Keep the contacts pointing down for fresh batteries, up for spent ones.

Latest threads

Top Bottom