E-M1/BLN-1 Battery airline storage.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by eteless, Aug 10, 2014.

1. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I've been looking for a solution for a while however I haven't found something better than a tictac box for protecting the contacts on the batteries however I'm sort of leaning towards a thicker ziplock bag just to prevent the added bulk.

For the E-5 I had plastic clip on cases which covered the bottom of the battery, however I can't seem to find the equivalent for the BLN-1, does anyone have any suggestions for traveling through overzealous airports where they require batteries to have protective covers to prevent shorts?

If someone knows of a ready made solution I'm all ears.

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    • Like Like x 1
  3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Every BLN-1 I've bought comes in an appropriately sized zip-lock bag, I'm guessing for this very reason. I just keep each spare BLN-1 in its own zip-lock.

4. Same, although I'd prefer a fitted terminal cover.

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I bought a genuine battery and it didn't come in a zip lock bag. I'd throw it away even if it did, as they aren't particularly strong or handy to use. I've bought plenty of B&W filters, so I have cases for all of my batteries, be they Olympus ones or AAs etc. They work well and store well.

6. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    I use Op/Tech Media Holsters - comes in sets of two. Protected in storage, in my bags, for travel, and can even put them on my camera straps when I'm shooting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I suspect I've thrown all my B+W filter cases out, I didn't like the square size because it wastes space so I've been using the older hoya/milo clear round cases. Hindsight is a bitch...

I guess I need to go on a hunt for filter cases, thanks.

Edit:
    They look pretty good too... about the right size and tick all the boxes. I'll keep them in mind, thanks.

8. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    For AAA/AA's I use the powerpax caddies, I can have the positive terminal down in the caddy for charged and when I pull dead ones out to replace them put them back in the caddy with the positive sticking out so I can instantly tell by feel which ones are charged or not.

9. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    +1

Keep the contacts pointing down for fresh batteries, up for spent ones.