1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-M1, Best OOC jpg's

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    I tend to use OOC jpg's...Not being one over fond of too much PP, just resizing and a little sharpening.

I have Picture Mode set to Natural (3) with no adjustments, and LSF.

Anyone found anything better than this?

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/m43/em1-picmode.html

2. Neftun

Neftun Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 15, 2012
    Norway
    Patrick Kristiansen
    I find oly ooc jpegs great in general. Sometimes better than what I am able to do from raw, especially if there's people in the image. The em1 I find tends to yield kinda low contrast at times, and should my exposure techniques needs to be adjusted. No problem really, sure gives alot of headroom in raw, but something to keep in mind:)

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Noise filter off : In my opinion Jpegs are better from this generation of sensors when Noise Filter is completely OFF, even high-ISO like 6400.

(The "Art-Filter Bracket" function is enormously helpful in finding your preferred Picture Mode.)

4. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    Especially with aggressive in-camera noise reduction these days to get "clean" ISO 6400, when there are way more sophisticated stand-alone solutions available anyway.

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Unfortunately NF=Off does not disable the noise filter, it only turns the setting down to the minimum Olympus will allow. There's still plenty of noise reduction going on there.