E- M1 availability in Australia

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by amanda, Nov 8, 2013.

1. amanda

amanda Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi all,

I've got a Pro kit on order with Michaels in Melbourne. Wondering if anyone has gotten a kit this week or knows of any available? I've been told they are coming this week but no sign of any yet. Wondering if Olympus (or Michaels for that matter) are telling fibs. Teds said no stock till December, possibly after Christmas - eek.

I've sold my DSLR kit and am sooooo looking forward to getting my hands on one!

2. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    I collected my E-M1 and 12-40 today from DigiDirect in Elizabeth street. I pre-ordered mine when Olympus was doing promotions at Michaels and DigiDirect - early October maybe?

DigiDirect hasn't fulfilled all the pre-orders yet, so December may be the expectation for walk-in buyers.
  3. GreenGhost

GreenGhost Mu-43 Regular

Nov 30, 2012
    Peter Liakopoulos
    I picked up my EM1 pro kit from Michaels last week which had been preordered at the digital photo show in Melbourne.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app
  4. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    I got mine from DigiDirect on October 25. It was body only and ordered straight after the announcement.

I'm still waiting for Capture 1 support, unfortunately. For tripod users, the RRS L plate is available.
  5. amanda

amanda Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks guys - I'll have to try and be patient!
  6. amanda

amanda Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Mine has arrived - about 5 days later than the expected delivery time from them, but all good :2thumbs:
  7. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    My store in Launceston had one in the flesh last week and I think they're keeping it as a demo. Talking to a mate who works in store it sounds like they've had a ton of interest and a lot of people placing pre-orders (including several of the staff...).

To be honest I was surprised to see one in Tasmania at all...
  8. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

I received the EM ! body on the 21st October. It is worth waiting for, be patient :smile:
    My free grip from Olympus arrived yesterday, still waiting to give it a good try out.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bnefit

bnefit Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    I ordered E-M1 + 12-40mm f2.8 from Digital Camera Warehouse and picked them up on Saturday (9 Nov)
  10. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Both the local stores had stock when I went looking. But only kits. No body only.