E-M1 and FD mount Tokina 70-210 F4 - including some photos

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by AussiePhil, Jun 7, 2014.

1. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    New here so feel free to be nice :)

Finally got to buy a new toy a couple weeks ago, new E-M1 (12-50 kit). When i swapped over to digital years ago I put the two Canon film bodies away and never got rid of them. Being a poor person back in the film days I never could afford the good Canon glass and always wanted a (for those days) long zoom telephoto so had ended up with a Tokina 70-210 F4 and it served me well for years and was the lens that lived on one camera. Oh and as I was always looking for more reach a 2X tele was added.

Well with cheap FD-m43 adapters I ordered one the same night i picked up the em1 so I could play.

Went out today to have some fun. Wound the ISO up to 3200 to combat the 2X loss from the Teleconvertor and still get decent shutter speeds.

Despite the apparent size of this lens with the 2x attached, because it is manual focus and one touch zoom the default way to hold and use it is fully supported in your left hand all the time so it becomes a very balanced setup. I can even tweak the aperture with the left hand on the fly.

Looks like i can't link the photo's in....

They can be found here https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A7JtdOXmGaWP6e

May not be super sharp, but i think more than acceptable.

Phil

2. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Apparently Windows Firefox is not supported

3. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil