E-m1 and 12-40 pro $1299 at Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Speedliner, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
  2. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    It's a unbelievably good deal for anyone. The E-M1 is worth $1K body only and the 12-40 Pro zoom is worth another $900 or $1K. Sounds like a mistake or a scam, especially since there's only 1 review.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I think the issue is that this is without a US warranty. You have to service the warranty through the seller. There are a lot of these kits for about the same price on E-bay. There is actually another listing on Amazon for this kit from another seller that specifically says in the title "no warranty". For this listing if you look at the Q&A it says no US warranty as well. Amazon can be confusing because they put down so many different sellers for the same product listing, though sometimes they really aren't the same thing in the end.

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    You can get Korean imports cheaper on eBay. And they will have the same lack of warranty. I bought one for around $1,200....brand new in a sealed box (knowing full well I had no warranty) and haven't looked back. But buyers should know going in that just because they are buying it ON Amazon, that they are not being it FROM Amazon.

5. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    All true, but without the easy return policy of Amazon.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    when you decide you want to return that camera that you imported from a South Korean seller, don't expect it be like returning something you actually bought FROM Amazon.

Forewarned is forearmed. If you think you MAY need to return it, you MAY want to check if it can be returned before you buy it..... and what it will cost to return it.

7. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    Ebay has also 4x ebay bucks right now.. so it would be 1225$ from South Korea and you get 98$ in ebay bucks :eek-31:

Edit: However, some dealers there are very elusive about the amount of restocking fees and so on.. one wants ebay fees, shipping fees, paypal and 20% restocking :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  8. bacil

bacil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Minnesota
    Does e-m1 have any known issue that may require warranty?

9. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    There are a number of "issues" that have been mentioned on this forum: EVF burn-in if exposed to the sun, rubber grips coming unglued, dials/buttons not functioning properly over time.

After seeing what I've read on this forum about issues with Olympus cameras, I'm not certain I would buy one without a warranty.

10. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    The link you provided will not have any "easy return policy of Amazon". It is a third party seller from Korea and if you read that seller's policy you are responsible for returning it to them in Korea and handling all the shipping yourself. Amazon will have no part in the return of the item. It is pretty much exactly like buying from E-Bay as far as returning goes in this case.

Again - just because something is listed on Amazon doesn't mean you are actually dealing with Amazon or that any of Amazon's normal policies apply.

• Like Like x 1
  11. physicsdude

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    But then you could send it to the same repair shop as for warranty work and look at a repair bill of 150$ (I think) to fix anything

12. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    Maybe to you. The 12-40 barely sells for $600 and $700 for the M1.

13. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    Any trick to take advantage of the 4x eBay bucks? I only see the regular 2%

14. techsplorer

techsplorer Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2015
    Townsend, TN
    Rodion "Rod" Molina
  15. physicsdude

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    It just showed up on my ebay home page, next to halloween ads and so on.

16. j-rad

j-rad Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2015
    Does anyone have a recommended eBay seller for the e-m1 and 12-40 combo? I see a bunch at $1250 plus $50 shipping.