E-M1.2 International Spec for $1199.99

acnomad

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Andy
GBP 940 on eglobalcentral at the moment. USD 1201 at market rates.
I now see that the same price is available on eBay from two different sellers, so I guess the MD deal is nothing special.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
I think it depends. I have really shopped around for every Olympus purchase in the last couple of years. The prices seem to consistently fluctuate, sometimes on a daily basis.

You can find what you think is a great price, but if you delay buying, it's worth having a quick look elsewhere to see if what you thought was great isn't so great a week later! Those Ebay prices are potentially a good few percent cheaper on the seller's website too.

acnomad

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Andy
Massdrop only charges sales tax in NJ and CA, currently.
Good to know! Even B&H recently succumbed to pressure from Springfield (IL) to begin assessing sales tax on orders shipped to Illinois.

thenextpage

Mu-43 Veteran
Curious to know; what does “international spec” mean for an E-M1ii? I’m interested to see how low this body will sell now that we’re expecting updated bodies this year

acnomad

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Andy
Curious to know; what does “international spec” mean for an E-M1ii? I’m interested to see how low this body will sell now that we’re expecting updated bodies this year
It means non-USA warranty. Technically, there is no warranty coverage by Olympus of America. It’s a much bigger deal for Canikon than it is for Olympus. Nikon won’t even accept a non-USA Nikon camera for any kind of repair - in or out of warranty. Olympus is more lenient.

thenextpage

Mu-43 Veteran
It means non-USA warranty. Technically, there is no warranty coverage by Olympus of America. It’s a much bigger deal for Canikon than it is for Olympus. Nikon won’t even accept a non-USA Nikon camera for any kind of repair - in or out of warranty. Olympus is more lenient.
Thank you for the insight

Tool Crazy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Also means you wont get USA specific NTSC video framerates. For example you won't find any 1080p in 60p,30p, or 24p but you'll get Pal 1080p in 50p and 25p. You'll only get 25p in 4k.

barry

Super Moderator
Also means you wont get USA specific NTSC video framerates. For example you won't find any 1080p in 60p,30p, or 24p but you'll get Pal 1080p in 50p and 25p. You'll only get 25p in 4k.
I guess that depends where it's coming from... Japan is NTSC, right?

Tool Crazy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I guess that depends where it's coming from... Japan is NTSC, right?
Not sure, you'd have to check up on that but most grey market cameras have PAL video framerates. This happens to be a problem on ebay from a lot of shady sellers. I find it a must to ask sellers before buying if they are selling USA models or not; if video framerate modes and/or warranty matters to you. Even if they don't matter to some, it will matter when it comes to reselling and resale value. Gray market cameras also mean you have to be careful to get the correct firmware for the region your camera comes from.

Not sure, you'd have to check up on that but most grey market cameras have PAL video framerates. This happens to be a problem on ebay from a lot of shady sellers. I find it a must to ask sellers before buying if they are selling USA models or not; if video framerate modes and/or warranty matters to you. Even if they don't matter to some, it will matter when it comes to reselling and resale value. Gray market cameras also mean you have to be careful to get the correct firmware for the region your camera comes from.

The original post references a Massdrop listing. One of the reasons for buying from Massdrop is that they will get NTSC rather than PAL cameras. If buying from ebay, then read the fine print carefully. With Panasonic cameras, it is possible to use a specific key press sequence to switch from PAL to NTSC but this may not be possible for Olympus EM1 II.

Tool Crazy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The original post references a Massdrop listing. One of the reasons for buying from Massdrop is that they will get NTSC rather than PAL cameras. If buying from ebay, then read the fine print carefully. With Panasonic cameras, it is possible to use a specific key press sequence to switch from PAL to NTSC but this may not be possible for Olympus EM1 II.
That's the problem with many sellers on ebay, there is no fine print. Frankly many non established business sellers and some established business sellers don't give any disclosures or specifics regarding basics like condition in detail, negatives, grey market or not, what's included or not included, etc.

That's the problem with many sellers on ebay, there is no fine print. Frankly many non established business sellers and some established business sellers don't give any disclosures or specifics regarding basics like condition in detail, negatives, grey market or not, what's included or not included, etc.

Exactly! That is why it is better to buy from MassDrop, which offers new products with a 30 day warranty, or used from Roberts, which offers a 6 month warranty on used equipment.

Latest threads

Top Bottom