1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-M1.2 International Spec for $1199.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by acnomad, Jan 9, 2019.

1. GBP 940 on eglobalcentral at the moment. USD 1201 at market rates.

2. acnomad

acnomad Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 5, 2016
    Andy
    I now see that the same price is available on eBay from two different sellers, so I guess the MD deal is nothing special.

3. I think it depends. I have really shopped around for every Olympus purchase in the last couple of years. The prices seem to consistently fluctuate, sometimes on a daily basis.

You can find what you think is a great price, but if you delay buying, it's worth having a quick look elsewhere to see if what you thought was great isn't so great a week later! Those Ebay prices are potentially a good few percent cheaper on the seller's website too.

4. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Olympus themselves had refurb OM1.2 for $1200. Massdrop is reliable though and they have done many drops. I'd trust them over some unknown seller on ebay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. acnomad

Jan 5, 2016
    Andy
    And no sales tax...

6. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    Massdrop only charges sales tax in NJ and CA, currently.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. acnomad

Jan 5, 2016
    Andy
    Good to know! Even B&H recently succumbed to pressure from Springfield (IL) to begin assessing sales tax on orders shipped to Illinois.

8. thenextpage

thenextpage Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 13, 2014
    Curious to know; what does “international spec” mean for an E-M1ii? I’m interested to see how low this body will sell now that we’re expecting updated bodies this year

9. cptobvious

cptobvious Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
  10. acnomad

Jan 5, 2016
    Andy
    It means non-USA warranty. Technically, there is no warranty coverage by Olympus of America. It’s a much bigger deal for Canikon than it is for Olympus. Nikon won’t even accept a non-USA Nikon camera for any kind of repair - in or out of warranty. Olympus is more lenient.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thenextpage

Oct 13, 2014
    Thank you for the insight

12. thenextpage

Oct 13, 2014
  13. Tool Crazy

Tool Crazy Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Also means you wont get USA specific NTSC video framerates. For example you won't find any 1080p in 60p,30p, or 24p but you'll get Pal 1080p in 50p and 25p. You'll only get 25p in 4k.

14. barry13

barry13 Mu-43.com Editor Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I guess that depends where it's coming from... Japan is NTSC, right?

15. Tool Crazy

Jul 5, 2018
    Not sure, you'd have to check up on that but most grey market cameras have PAL video framerates. This happens to be a problem on ebay from a lot of shady sellers. I find it a must to ask sellers before buying if they are selling USA models or not; if video framerate modes and/or warranty matters to you. Even if they don't matter to some, it will matter when it comes to reselling and resale value. Gray market cameras also mean you have to be careful to get the correct firmware for the region your camera comes from.

16. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    The original post references a Massdrop listing. One of the reasons for buying from Massdrop is that they will get NTSC rather than PAL cameras. If buying from ebay, then read the fine print carefully. With Panasonic cameras, it is possible to use a specific key press sequence to switch from PAL to NTSC but this may not be possible for Olympus EM1 II.

17. Tool Crazy

Jul 5, 2018
    That's the problem with many sellers on ebay, there is no fine print. Frankly many non established business sellers and some established business sellers don't give any disclosures or specifics regarding basics like condition in detail, negatives, grey market or not, what's included or not included, etc.

18. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    Exactly! That is why it is better to buy from MassDrop, which offers new products with a 30 day warranty, or used from Roberts, which offers a 6 month warranty on used equipment.

• Like Like x 1
  19. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    Most camera equipment that Roberts sells come with a 6 month warranty. That is a good price for used. For reference, Olympus had a sale on refurb EM1 II for $1200 (plus state tax) and those came with a 90 day warranty.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.