E-M 5

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by fishone0, Aug 8, 2016.

1. fishone0

fishone0 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2016
    what happened to the E-M 5 Mk1 can't find it anywhere --Olympus web site--Amazon or B&H--plenty of E-M 10's around

2. fishone0

fishone0 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2016
    thanks--it was a nice little camera

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MrQ

MrQ Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2015
    Canada
    Unless you need weather sealing, E-M10 mk 1 is a good buy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fishone0

fishone0 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2016
    I did just buy one-- E-M10 MK1 couldn't pass it up

5. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Except for weather sealing, the E-M10 is the better camera IMHO (and I have both).

6. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    I had both the E-M5 and the E-M10. Over a period of six months I had four E-M10's. Three, yes 3 E-M10 bodies went bad within six months. The first one went bad after 6 days and none of the three had over 600 shutter count. Guess what I no longer have.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Wow, that's bad luck. What happened to them? I bought mine used and so far, so good.

8. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    The first one, black body and twin lens kit, bought at Best Buy in late June 2015 on day 6 when I turned the camera on the shutter sounded like it was chattering. They replaced the camera. The second one the LCD screen quit working. Fuji replaced the camera. Then on that replacement when in Chicago in early December of that year I took about a dozen shots, turned the camera off. When I turned it back on I heard a series of clicks then nothing. Shut it off and turned it back on and the same happened. I used the GM-5 and 15mm lens that was in my jacket pocket for the remained of that trip. That black E-M10 was again replaced. I then sold that replacement plus the silver E-M10 that I had purchased from a California dealer as a store demo. I cannot have a camera that is so unreliable that I have to carry a backup. So far, I have had no problems with the E-M5 which I purchased used with about 7k shutter trips.