E-M 10 Mark IV remote shooting app

BartB

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Bart Benjamin
I have an OM-D E-M10 Mark II and am looking to purchase an additional camera body for astrophotography. The OM-D E-M10 Mark IV might work, but apparently it has no provision for a cable release, which is important for high magnification telescope-camera photography. However, the Mark IV does provide remote shutter control via an app and Bluetooth. Has anyone used this and could comment on its reliability? Would the app be able to “hold down the shutter” to capture multiple still frames for stacking?

forrestdvd

New to Mu-43
Real Name
David
I have not used the app on the Mark IV, but if it works the same as the Mark ii then it is pretty reliable. I think the Mark ii only has wifi so it can be a bit difficult to connect sometimes, but once linked to your phone generally stays connected.

There are two types of remote shutters, one is just a remote shutter with the option to lock the shutter open for bulb mode, and the other is a live view type remote that gives you the ability to see the live view from the camera, and adjust a number of settings.

I believe that you can set up a series of exposures and then use the remote shutter to start that sequence. I don't recall if I have tested that specifically on my Mark ii, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
The app will be the Olympus OIShare App. Compared to other manufacturers' apps, it's pretty good. The main irritation is the time it takes to initiate a connection (at least on WiFi, don't know whether BT on latest cameras is faster).

Latest threads

Top Bottom