Dzieńdobry from Warsaw, Poland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Hexanonique, May 10, 2010.

1. Hexanonique

Hexanonique New to Mu-43

May 10, 2010
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hi,

My name is Jean-Jacques and I live in Warsaw. I have been an amateur photographer since 1977. I am married and have two sons, both of whom have a keen eye and are avid photographers.

What brought me here is an interest in the m4/3 system as a medium to keep using my beloved Hexanons, of which I have quite a number and with which I adamantly refuse to part. Over the years, I have used lenses of many other makers, but Hexanons seem to speak to me like no other. If anyone here is interested, I have a website in French devoted to the Konica SLR system at 1. ACCUEIL (the English version is "in construction").

My association with this marvelous glass goes back some 30 years and my goal for many years has been to find a suitable digital medium for my optics. I tried with the original 4/3 system (E-510), but simply wasn't prepared to modify all my lenses, the more so as I still shoot film regularly. I tried to make the camera mount Hexanonable, but gave up after realizing I would have to demolish the Oly's AF system to do so.

I have yet to buy a m4/3 camera (money's tight) but i am slowly getting ready to acquire a Lumix G1. I am impressed with all I read about it on the web especially it's great quality EVF with magnification. My sight is not what it once was, so focusing on the Oly was another problem. For my purpose, the Oly's major advantage over Panasonic m4/3 cameras is the in-body IS. Let's hope some other m/43 maker will come up with a camera with in-body IS without ditching the VF.

Looking forward to many pleasant exchanges on this forum.

Cheers,

jj

2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Great introduction Jean-Jacques. You are among friends and like enthusiasts, especially in the legacy glass department. I collect the KH's myself, and also the old Minolta Rokkors. I look forward to taking a look at 1. Accueil....

Welcome, and looking forward to a long association.

Update: Viewed 1. Acceuil and am absolutely stunned, although some translation was lost on me. Take a look at this rarity...... Konica Hexanon 90mm Leica M MINT - eBay (item 250626817604 end time May-10-10 21:10:51 PDT)

Bokeh Diem

3. acmatos

acmatos Mu-43 Regular

Welcome! And great site!

Welcome to the forum Jean-Jacques!

I'm a newcomer myself, writing from Portugal.

I had a look at your site and it has some fantastic information! :bravo-009:

Nice to read about the Hexanon AR 40mm. I've just bought one from Ebay for my Olympus E-PL1 and I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive.

Warm regards,

António Carlos

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome JJ ! Thanks for taking a seat here !

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
  6. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Jean-Jacques, welcome to mu-43.com where you'll find yourself in good company! There are quite a few other "Hexanonophiles" here, too.:wink: