1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dynamic B&W in G3?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by wanjeyin, Sep 17, 2011.

1. wanjeyin

wanjeyin Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2011
    Hi all,

Do you guys know if there is a way to replicate the Dynamic B&W setting of the GF1 in the G3?

Thanks!

Regards,
    AJW

2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I think all you can do is crank up the contrast slider in the Monochrome mode, then do the rest in post-processing. Hope I'm wrong and there's another way. One of the subtractions from the G3 that drives me back to my G2 and Gf1.

3. Bcostin

Bcostin Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 10, 2010
    This annoys me, too. Dynamic B&W is the default shooting mode on my LX3, and was frequently used on my G1. Very handy for vacations and other situations where you want quick but decent B&W results out of the camera. It's also one of the few "effects" modes that seemed to attract universal acclaim. I really don't understand why they removed it.

4. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Do yourself a favor and shoot in RAW, then PP in NIK Silver FX 3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.