dying here...need oem battery!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kaitanium, Oct 3, 2012.

1. kaitanium

kaitanium Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2012
    whens that bln-1 going to come back in stock at major retailers (aint paying a higher price hehe)? been waiting paitently (and i assume some of you are too) for many months now and my international trip is coming up! getting antsy
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Your guess as to when stock will be available in the major retailers is as good as mine at this point. I am seeing some of these available on eBay, so that may be your best bet at this point.

Barring that you might want to try posting in the Ask B&H Photo forum here.
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I hear you - I am still waiting on a B&H preorder.

I did pick up the Blue Nook Wasabi batteries, in the meantime. Kind of a pain with the separate charger, but they are good for backups.
  4. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    I paid a $10 more from a local retailer in Calgary.
  5. janetg

janetg New to Mu-43

Oct 4, 2012
    Hi - I am new here, but I got an extra one delivered this week from Southeastern Camera in Carrboro, NC. Check with one of their three stores in NC.

205 West Main Street
    Carrboro, NC 27510

2410 Atlantic Avenue
    Raleigh, NC 27604

1351 South Kerr Avenue
    Wilmington, NC 28403
  6. shepx13

shepx13 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    I just got one from Cameta the other day. If they are out now, try Roberts Imaging, they had some in stock.
  7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm using the Wasabi charger to charge all my E-M5 batteries including the OEM one. No need to use separate chargers! :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Exactly what Jonathan says; I sincerely don't see any need for OEM batteries at the moment. For the price the aftermarket ones work just fine (about 3/4ths the charge but what the heck, the charger even has a car lighter attachment for traveling).
  9. kaitanium

kaitanium Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2012
    i may just preorder from adorama for now. seems like most places if in stock have them for $59, $10 above what BH and ado have it for.

ive had generic batteries for my panny lx3 and canon 5d and i just did not like the lifespan of those batteries both in overall life and longevity/amount of charges.
  10. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    I pre ordered one from Oly's US website and it took about two weeks before it was shipped. That's a couple of weeks sooner than what's listed on their website.
  11. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Based on personal experience, local dealers are a better bet than big online etailers. :smile:
  12. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
  13. Olivier Duong

Olivier Duong Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 23, 2012
    There must be diamonds in those batteries!
  14. rejo

rejo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011

If anyone is interested I ordered some copy batteries through amazon they have the name Premium Tech on them and the best part is that the battery level shows on the OMD's screen.
    As a test I filled the battery and then emptied it in the camera all the way through it gave a display from full then 2 bars, then one bar until it switched over to the battery in the body.
    The olympus battery charges in the premium tech charger but not the other way round.
    20 dollars including a car charger, card reader and 2 screen protectors. The card reader and the screen protecters are in the bin as they were pretty **** quality.
    Still waiting for the original battery but as Olympus still havn't got there act together yet then these will do fine.
  15. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    I went with a couple of after markets as well, and they give a reliable reading in camera. Last as long if not longer than the oem battery. And I got two and a charger for $30, so half of what an oly one costs. I prefer oem, but I got sick of waiting.
  16. jmullane

jmullane New to Mu-43

Oct 2, 2012
    I guess I was lucky. I walked into my local camera store (Dodd's in Cleveland) and they had two. I picked up both.
  17. etherfarm

etherfarm New to Mu-43

Oct 11, 2012
    Batteries must be coming off the assembly line at a faster clip now. On Tuesday of this week I ordered 2 batteries directly from Olympus' site. They shipped the next day and arrived this morning.