DxO Photolab 4 is out now

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
IIRC they usually release a new version in the October/November time frame, so if you want to wait for that it is an option.
If you want a discount you have to wait for something like Black Friday sales.
But then you loose several months of usage!

If there is a new release this year I will probably pay for the upgrade as soon as it is released, I want to support the company, they had a tough time a couple of years back and I don't want to lose DXO PL SW!

doxa750

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Narin
Photolab 4 is now available with a 25% discount. Is it wise to buy now or wait for version 5. They seem to release a new version every year.
If you keep waiting for the latest and greatest, you may end up waiting forever :)

I am using Version 4 and that DeepPrime is amazing. Here are some recent high ISO images I took. For your reference, the subjects were in the shade so only indirect sunlight illuminated the birds.

I would have gone with slow SS to keep ISO low. But it was too windy that late afternoon so I went with 1/2000 while trying to keep ISO no more than 6400.

Anyhow, I recommend it!

1st image is in original size and dimensions.
51377062009_64de39b570_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
EM132103_DxO by Narin, on Flickr

Cropped to about 12MB.
51375560832_d9025ca90e_o.jpg
EM132106_DxO by Narin, on Flickr

Cropped to about 18MB.
51384300832_5a70e4d8fb_o.jpg
EM132120_DxO by Narin, on Flickr

Original size and dimensions.
51377333525_3e79df2f43_o.jpg
EM132045_DxO by Narin, on Flickr

Cropped to about 12MB.
51376558818_342bd146b9_o.jpg
EM132159_DxO by Narin, on Flickr

Last edited:

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
Just as a friendly reminder for anybody still interested in PhotoLab 4 but hasn't bought it yet:

In about four weeks from now on, traditionally in the last week of October, DXO will release the next major version of their PhotoLab software. With that release, updates for the current version will cease and DXO will move on to PhotoLab 5. So if you are on the fence buying, you might want to keep that information in mind and wait a little longer, what the next iteration has to offer.

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
Just as a friendly reminder for anybody still interested in PhotoLab 4 but hasn't bought it yet:

In about four weeks from now on, traditionally in the last week of October, DXO will release the next major version of their PhotoLab software. With that release, updates for the current version will cease and DXO will move on to PhotoLab 5. So if you are on the fence buying, you might want to keep that information in mind and wait a little longer, what the next iteration has to offer.
Any rumours as to what updates we can expect?

Hoping for sweet BlackFriday deal

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
None that I know of, DXO is usually very quiet when it comes to new features prior the actual release, unlike Capture One.

Pretty sure Black Friday will again be 30-50% off everything, in any way everybody should have just enough time to test the new version until then.

Glevum Owl

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
DxO photolab 5 is out now
And I upgraded straight away. Haven’t had a chance to try out the new processing features but I have put high ISO images through it. Previous version processed images from RAW to JPEG using DeepPRIME in around 25 - 30 seconds. V5 does the job in 10 - 12 seconds on an M1 Mac Mini 16GB RAM.

Latest threads

Top Bottom