DxO PhotoLab 2 is available / comparison with version 1.2

Ranger Rick

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rick
I tried again from the app to check for updates, still says my 2.0.0.9 is up to date/the latest.

But I also now got a strange error message that there was a "Loading error", whatever that means. Nothing changed from the other day except this new error. Closed app and reopened, same issue.
Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 7.14.17 AM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
Windows and Mac versions get different bug fixes and thus might also be on different update schedules. This would explain why their version numbers would be different.

Fuchalmania

Mu-43 Rookie
Yeah I loaded my Windows version last night and it offered me an update to fix things, amongst which was a Panasonic G9 green cast fix.

PanamaMan

Mu-43 Rookie
PL2 is proving much less stable (to me at least) than PL, which never seemed to crash.

DopCor 13 seems to stop working at random causing the whole program to hang - I'll see what DXO have to say about it...

bye

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Well this is my issue with the pink sky that is currently not fixed with PL2 and my Panasonic ZS-100. Only with extended ISO like ISO80 which I needed it the most. Just problems with my Panasonic. No problems with my Olympus. Maybe it just doesn't like Panasonic? :hmmm:

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 4.44.50 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Well this is my issue with the pink sky that is currently not fixed with PL2 and my Panasonic ZS-100. Only with extended ISO like ISO80 which I needed it the most. Just problems with my Panasonic. No problems with my Olympus. Maybe it just doesn't like Panasonic? :hmmm:

View attachment 697765
FWIW, I had this same issue wih my GH4 in LR when shooting inextended ISO.

If you shoot at a non-extended ISO, do you still get the pink sky?

bye

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
FWIW, I had this same issue wih my GH4 in LR when shooting inextended ISO.

If you shoot at a non-extended ISO, do you still get the pink sky?
I get perfect W/B shooting non-extended and it is fine indoors. Just outdoors everything looks slightly pink. I hope they fix it before my next trip to Hawaii in 2019. I really like what this little camera can do with ISO80. Did LR managed to fix the problem with the GH4?

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
I have also seen stability issues with PL2 on Windows 8.1. One crash, one hang on version 2.0.1; bits of the graphical user interface refusing to display on 2.0.0 (haven’t rechecked on 2.0.1). Definitely a rougher experience than Optics Pro 10/11 or PL 1. I hope they get things sorted out soon.

SteveK

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
PL2 is proving much less stable (to me at least) than PL, which never seemed to crash.

DopCor 13 seems to stop working at random causing the whole program to hang - I'll see what DXO have to say about it...

I downloaded the trial today. I could open the program but it would quickly crash. I looked through their help page and they suggested updating the graphics card drivers.
I updated to a newer (but not newest) driver and it hasn't crashed again. I haven't put much time in it since but I'm hoping it fixed the issue. It's worth a try.

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Windows 10-64x Home Ver. 1803 here and no crashes yet with PL2 Ver. 2.0.1 Build 23411. Works fine with Olympus Pen-F and E-1M2 both.

bye

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Do they look ok in SilkyPix?

It's fine with Silkypix and the free version DXO Pro Essential 11. There is definitely some changes made with PL2 as it renders the ZS100 RAW files much nicer with exceptional detail (not some mush) and better lens correction compared to Essential 11. Indoor files are amazing; just outdoor files suck. I also noticed from test RAWs I have with the GX-8 (a camera that I might upgrade to in the future) that it too suffered from some highlight anomalies, especially towards RGB 242-255 where it displayed as blueish. They need to fix that too as Essential 11 or even Elite 10 do not have those issues! Oh well, seemed like a half-baked software to me. :(

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom