1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

DxO OpticsPro 9 Elite free!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by doboy, Jun 23, 2016.

1. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    I saw this posted on a different site. I purchased the non-elite version few years back and loved it. Enter your email and you will receive an email with the links to download Win or OS X versions and the activation code. The software should be in English. Signup by Aug 31, 2016

DxO & PROFIFOTO | DxO.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Keep in mind that as an old version, it doesn't support newer cameras and lens corrections for newer lenses.

3. doboy

doboy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2014
    Very true. It should support E-M1, 5, & 10. Also it does support 40-150 Pro.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. coffeecat

coffeecat Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    Brilliant, thanks, I'd like to try this for the "prime" noise reduction...

5. coffeecat

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    Well, it works - although a quick trial on my trusty but lightweight (in both senses of the word) Surface 3 took 12 minutes to process one picture with Prime NR!

6. Tadgh78

Tadgh78 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2013
    Ireland
    How long would noise reduction normally take you with another program?

7. coffeecat

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    Well, I just did a test and doing heavy NR and edits on a single ISO3200 image, Lightroom did an export to local drive on my Surface 3 in 15 seconds...
    And I also tried DXO, with "normal" (non-prime) NR, and the same photo too about 45 secs to export.

So for me, Prime NR will be something to use for "one-off" special cases where serious NR is required.

Rob

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. harryz

harryz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Igor
    they improved Prime speed dramatically in the newer versions 10 and 11. That's probably why it is free now. don't forget it is old software.

Thanks OP, works for me well.

9. coffeecat

Aug 4, 2012
    SW England
    Rob
    Absolutely agree! I'm certainly not complaining about it at this price...!

10. greenjp

greenjp Mu-43 Regular

May 15, 2014
    Maryland
    FWIW with OpticsPro (I have no experience with any other converters) the output settings have a huge impact on processing time. I generally output 90% jpgs (~3 MB) and they go fast enough. I fooled around with some 98-100% jpgs once (8-18 MB) and it took a long time. So make sure you're comparing apples to apples there.

Also FWIW with my GX7's files I find the regular NR routine is fine up to 1600, while Prime seems to start to benefit at 3200.

jeff

• Informative Informative x 1