DxO OpticsPro 10

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by 211Oakland, Dec 22, 2014.

1. 211Oakland

211Oakland Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2014
    DxO has altered the structure of OpticsPro somewhat with version 10. It now has standard and elite versions, which differentiate in large part on the inclusion of their excellent dehaze and denoise tools, and some other stuff like DNG output, etc. Before IIRC it was on which cameras got supported.

If you upgrade from OpticsPro 9 to 10 you get sent to the elite version and a free copy of the perspective altering application ViewPoint 1; ViewPoint 2 is $29US. Versions of OpticsPro 10 standard and elite are on sale for $99US and $149US respectively.

But that's the deal part. Turns out B&H is still selling a boxed version of 9 for $99. I didn't realize the new one was out and bought that version and was pleasantly surprised to get the upgrade to the 10 elite version. Nice. Dunno how long the upgrade policy continues, but I imagine for a while. I think B&H is the only place selling boxed DxO software, but I could be wrong.
  2. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    How is the performance on version 10? I found the thumbnailstrip on the bottom in 9 to be beyond painful in time I took to complete on a folder that contained more than a couple dozen pics.
  3. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    For those in the UK WEX have v9 for £58 and as of the 24th Dec DXO were still doing the free upgrade.
  4. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    V 10 IS noticeably faster than V 9 in all aspects, but LR is still faster. For me, the DXO product to own is FP5.

• Like Like x 1