DxO Optics Pro vs On1 Raw

Tb48

New to Mu-43
Having just recently completing some evaluation of several LR alternatives, for me the one I have decided on is Affinity Photo. I looked at LR 6.x, On1 Raw, Luminar (Neptune). I found many operations were more effective in all the alternatives than in LR. Luminar was awfully slow for all operations, On1 was close but I liked the Affinity UI better. Don't care for LR DAM plus I have no need for it.

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that after 3 evenings of playing with the DxO, I decided to go with On1 because of the extra features it has, and its speed when browsing.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
By the end of the year Serif will introduce a DAM for Affinity Photo. Macphun will do likewise for Luminar. I don't think On1 has any such plans for Photo RAW. So for those looking for alternatives to Lr or a migration from Aperture.....there should be interesting choices later this year. If Serif build a decent DAM with lens corrections and ability to use camera profiles (.dcp files) it could be set to kick some serious Adobe ass next year. And speaking of Adobe....where the heck is Lr 2017?

stagor

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stan
By the end of the year Serif will introduce a DAM for Affinity Photo. Macphun will do likewise for Luminar. I don't think On1 has any such plans for Photo RAW. So for those looking for alternatives to Lr or a migration from Aperture.....there should be interesting choices later this year. If Serif build a decent DAM with lens corrections and ability to use camera profiles (.dcp files) it could be set to kick some serious Adobe ass next year. And speaking of Adobe....where the heck is Lr 2017?
Yea,Yea Yea, like I said before, lets see some of your processed photos?

Latest threads

Top Bottom