1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

DxO Optics pro 9 for $99 till 15th June

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by reggaerahul, May 15, 2014.

1. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    Pune, MH, India
    Rahul Rege
  2. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    If you have an E-M1 you will need the Elite edition... works out at 200 dollars for that edition.

3. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    Pune, MH, India
    Rahul Rege
    Thanks. I have an EPM2 and tried the DxO optics and liked that it has camera plugins and lens plugins easily downloadable which I guess aid in correcting distortion and specific lens characteristics.

I currently only use Olympus Viewer 2 for minor PP but like to use some advanced tool.

4. zlatko-photo

zlatko-photo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2014
    Good to know that my E-M1 is "elite". :wink: Oh wait, never mind, not being elite would be much cheaper.

5. tomO2013

tomO2013 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Haha! So true! It's frustrating to think that if you own an em5 you get to use the exact same software for 99 dollars less. But they fleece E-M1 users :-/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Great software for cooking raws, but it is in no way a replacement for lightroom for organizing and quick edits. $99 is a good price but it's been down to $80.

7. wilson

wilson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2014
    I think the reason for the price difference is that DXO thinks that most users that have the Top-Of-The-Line Olympus camera is using it for commercial purposes, so can afford the extra cost... but unfortunately enthusiasts like you have to suffer.

Yep, I use Lightroom to import my pictures (so haven't bothered to upgrade from version 4) and use DXO Optics Pro to edit my RAWs. The PRIME noise correction is incredibly effective on RAWs from my Panasonic G3, but for some odd reason, not quite as effective on RAWs from my Olympus cameras: XZ-2, and PM2.

8. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I never saw DXO Optics Pro for less than $99, but I bought it when it was on its periodic sale for $99. It does better sharpening and lens correction than any similar program I've tried. The new version 9.5 has improved integration with Lightroom, which I tried successfully this weekend. I prefer Lightroom's colors but DXO's optical corrections.