1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Dxo Optics Pro 8 Free Licence Code

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Aushiker, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    If anyone is interested in checking out DxO Optics Pro 8, there is a free licence code offer going until January 31, 2015.

You do need to provide your email address and complete a Captcha code and check/uncheck the "send me information" box.

All can be found at http://www.dxo.com/intl/dphotographer

Note: Does not work with Olympus OM-D EM-1 captured images as I have found out.

Andrew

• Like Like x 2
  2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    cheers, thanks for that mate... I got the free version of dxo 7 a little while ago but never really incorparated it into my workflow. I might as well pick up this newer version to play around with in future.

3. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

4. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Olympus OM-D EM-5 is listed.

Andrew

5. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    I use DxO 8 for my E-M5. Works fine.

6. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    I'm using LR 5.4 and Elements 11, is there any benefit in downloading DXO Optics Pro 8 as well?
    Is this free to use for all time as long as you download the licence code prior to 31/1/2015?

7. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    I use DxO for landscapes where sharpness in the corners counts. for that dxo lets you process the ORF with zero distortion correction. LR doesn't give you that option.

noise reduction and recovering detail used to be the two other things I would use dxo for. but I've gotten better at doing that in LR.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Ita a different RAW engine than the Adobe options, and (IMO) the lens corrections are the best available. I also like the renderig you get. Worth giving it a test drive at the price of free, I think.

I also own and use LR 4 and Photoshop CS 5.5.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    It begs the question why it's being given away free. To hook you into the next version (Pro 9) maybe.

10. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Yes

11. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Yes

12. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    "It begs the question why it's being given away free. To hook you into the next version (Pro 9) maybe."

It's their normal modus operandi. Definitely worth a try, the lens corrections are excellent. Likewise the recovery of shadow and highlight detail.

13. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    (Pro 8) does not support either of my cameras, Olympus EM-1 or Fuji XT-1 so I do not know if I would even like it. I have purchased other software that promises a lot, but once I have loaded it, it falls short of what I expected of it. Has anyone gotten this software to work with either of their systems and have liked it?

14. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    DxO don't support X-trans sensors at all.

15. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    France
    With the licence code we get, are we eligible for upgrade prices for dxo 9?

16. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Make sure you know that DXO, and many other photography apps, does not have an integrated workflow with plugins (i.e. (Photoshop, Pixelmator, Nik Collection, Perfect Photo Suite). To my knowledge only LR and Aperture do that today. I assume that when Apple replaces iPhoto and Aperture with Photos app next year, it will do plugins.

17. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    France
    No we're not...
    "Please note that your free license is not upgradeable."
    Too bad.

18. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

It doesn't support my EM-1 from what I can see. Even worse, the "standard" version of the V9 software doesn't support it either so I'd have to go all out with the "elite" version.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Has anyone downloaded the trial version of DXO 9 and loaded it to see how it works with the EM1?

20. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    It works great with my EM5.