Dxo Optics Pro 8 Free Licence Code

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
If anyone is interested in checking out DxO Optics Pro 8, there is a free licence code offer going until January 31, 2015.

You do need to provide your email address and complete a Captcha code and check/uncheck the "send me information" box.

All can be found at http://www.dxo.com/intl/dphotographer

Note: Does not work with Olympus OM-D EM-1 captured images as I have found out.

Andrew

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
cheers, thanks for that mate... I got the free version of dxo 7 a little while ago but never really incorparated it into my workflow. I might as well pick up this newer version to play around with in future.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I'm using LR 5.4 and Elements 11, is there any benefit in downloading DXO Optics Pro 8 as well?
Is this free to use for all time as long as you download the licence code prior to 31/1/2015?

klee

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
I'm using LR 5.4 and Elements 11, is there any benefit in downloading DXO Optics Pro 8 as well? Is this free to use for all time as long as you download the licence code prior to 31/1/2015?
I use DxO for landscapes where sharpness in the corners counts. for that dxo lets you process the ORF with zero distortion correction. LR doesn't give you that option.

noise reduction and recovering detail used to be the two other things I would use dxo for. but I've gotten better at doing that in LR.

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm using LR 5.4 and Elements 11, is there any benefit in downloading DXO Optics Pro 8 as well?
Is this free to use for all time as long as you download the licence code prior to 31/1/2015?
Ita a different RAW engine than the Adobe options, and (IMO) the lens corrections are the best available. I also like the renderig you get. Worth giving it a test drive at the price of free, I think.

I also own and use LR 4 and Photoshop CS 5.5.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
It begs the question why it's being given away free. To hook you into the next version (Pro 9) maybe.

BigTam

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ron
"It begs the question why it's being given away free. To hook you into the next version (Pro 9) maybe."

It's their normal modus operandi. Definitely worth a try, the lens corrections are excellent. Likewise the recovery of shadow and highlight detail.

MrPhotoBob

Mu-43 Veteran
(Pro 8) does not support either of my cameras, Olympus EM-1 or Fuji XT-1 so I do not know if I would even like it. I have purchased other software that promises a lot, but once I have loaded it, it falls short of what I expected of it. Has anyone gotten this software to work with either of their systems and have liked it?

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Make sure you know that DXO, and many other photography apps, does not have an integrated workflow with plugins (i.e. (Photoshop, Pixelmator, Nik Collection, Perfect Photo Suite). To my knowledge only LR and Aperture do that today. I assume that when Apple replaces iPhoto and Aperture with Photos app next year, it will do plugins.

MrPhotoBob

Mu-43 Veteran
Has anyone downloaded the trial version of DXO 9 and loaded it to see how it works with the EM1?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom