DxO Optics Pro 7 for Free Until July 31st, 2014

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by drdtyc, Jul 3, 2014.

1. drdtyc

drdtyc Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. greenboy

greenboy Mu-43 Rookie

May 23, 2014
    is this the company that sticks it to EM-1 owners? Yep, I think so.
  3. khughes44

khughes44 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Langley BC
    Kevin Hughes
    What do you mean by this?
  4. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    The standard version doesn't work, you need to buy the "elite" version for the E-M1. I did think it sort of amusing that the GH-4 isn't rated as a high end camera though.
  5. tg9413

tg9413 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    any obvious advantage of DxO over Lightroom? Just played with it a bit. its HDR stuff seems superb, but can't find anything else useful that's not covering in lightroom
  6. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    This version doesn't support the GH4 (or the GH3, GX7, GM1, EM10, EP5 as well as EM1)
  7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The intent with all of these freebies is to get you to upgrade once you have it. Usually they also lack a lot of features as well. I tried the demo version of DxO and I'll stick with LR for now.
  8. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Tried downloading and licensing a similar offer a month or so ago. Never could get the license. Every attempt to do so ended with the message "website not available". I won't waste my time with this offer. An additional reason is that none of my cameras are supported. I didn't see any advantage with the trial version either. I'm with Ray. I am very satisfied with LR!
  9. jhawk1000

jhawk1000 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 30, 2013
    Just downloaded the software. Big download, 278mb and each lens and camera combination has a download. I have not done much but have got all my cameras and lenses cataloged. It seems to be a very useful program but will know more tomorrow when I have time to play with it. I did notice that the perspective faults of original shots seem to be automatically done with a before and after image available by clicking on the button. I have some shots of places in Czech Republic taken with 12-24 which show amazing correction so I think I will be happy to use it. And the price is right.
  10. Icarus

Icarus Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2014
    No gx7 support either...