DxO Optics Pro 7.5.1 with Panasonic DMC-GX1 Support

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by michaeln, Jun 22, 2012.

1. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I purchased DxO Optics Pro a while back and haven't been able to use it much with my GX1 because they didn't have lens profiles for it. It wouldn't recognize the RAW format and wouldn't do any of its automatic corrections. You could still do manual corrections, but no automatic ones.

Well, today they released version 7.5.1, and it DOES have GX1 support, and bringing RAWs and JPEGs into the program actually makes a pretty significant improvement. The RAWs already contain a lot of the correction data, but when you look at the before and after with this program having processed the images, it does a great job of improving sharpness (especially near the edges) and it corrects vignetting and chromatic distortions beyond what's in the RAW file... the images just plain look noticeably better after processing.

Just thought I'd let y'all know they are increasing their Micro 4/3rds support. They already supported several Panasonic and Olympus models, but the GX1 support is the one I was waiting for (and had requested from them).

DxO Optics Pro - Introduction