DXO Optics 10 does not support teleconverters

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by PetrovNf6, Mar 15, 2015.

1. PetrovNf6

PetrovNf6 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 13, 2015
    This is what its support team emailed me when I asked a while back when the module would be available for the 1.4x converter for the olympus 40-150 2.8.

This is surprising.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    I asked them for it also. If the TC introduces noticeable problems, then indeed we need modules for the TC with 40-150 Pro and the 300 Pro when it is released later this year.
  3. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

I don't see a link to any reply in your original post.

I would imagine though adding support for teleconverters fills the developers with dread. I'm no expert, but I would imagine one would need to develop profiles for every combination of TC and lens to do a proper job of it. I have yet to see a TC that behaved exactly the same way with lens "A" as it does with lens "B".
    • Like Like x 1
  4. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    The TC only works on two lenses so it wouldn't be a huge amount of work now, it's the potential work in the future.

Still a bit silly since the exif flags that you're using one, does it disable the lens correction completely?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Does LR or Capture One Pro do anything special about the presence of a the TC? I would be surprised if any DAM does anything special to the rendered image more than to make the corrections for the lens...not lens plus TC.
  6. OldRadioGuy

OldRadioGuy Enthusiast Amateur

Nov 11, 2012
    Austin, Texas USA

Capture One 8 has a very limited list of m43 lenses on their support list, and certainly no TCs. And if I understand the explanations others have given elsewhere, Lightroom leaves lens correction in m43 up to the included support by the manufacturer.

DxO has the most extensive list of supported lenses. You can check out their database.

I'm with Glenn on this one. Tackling teleconverters would not be cost effective.
  7. tradesmith45

tradesmith45 Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 13, 2012
    Nor does it support some 43 lenses adapted to m43- pretty common.

But I'm also not sure of the need for TC modules at least for the MC-14. Saw a review that said using it actually reduced the CA of the lens alone. Could be some vignetting to correct. That's a problem w/ the ZD300+EC-14 but easy to set up a preset in a DAM. Doubt distortion is an issue.
    • Useful Useful x 1