DXO FilmPack 3 for DPReview members...

Real Name
Andrew L
Looks like I got a PM over at good old DPReview, where the charmers lurk, for an offer for DXO FilmPack 3 for free. There was a code and a link in the email, so if that interests you and you're a member over there but haven't checked your account in a while, give it a look! I'm curious, so downloading it now.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
I got that eMail too, but wasn't sure if it was worth wasting any time. I never heard of that software. I do visit that site every now and again , especially when my self esteem is a little high and I need some of those helpful members to knock me down a peg or two ..
They are good like that; I don't even have to ask :wink:

D

Deleted member 16340

Interesting, something new to play with this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up, I rarely sign in to dpreview anymore.

mrjr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I grabbed DXO FilmPack 3 a while back on a free promotion, and it's definitely worth having, especially if you don't have something similar like the VSCO packages. It's definitely more limited, but it's also definitely fun to play around with.

wilson

Mu-43 Regular
"Fun to play with" is at the right price point when the price tag is "free." ;)

Yep, I got it and tried it out... and can't imagine why I'd ever use it with any of my real pictures... simulating old film colours and grain really isn't why I take photographs...

I guess that's also why I didn't "get" instragram's filters...

What do others use these filters for?

S

synthetictone

It's called "style". Those filters are based on the days of film and different looks photographers could get using different types of film before everything went digital. There is no harm or fowl for using filters on an image. How one uses them is another story.

As talented professional photographer Morgan Silk once said "If you want purism, then go and be a dancer or poet" :cool:

Latest threads

Top Bottom