1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Dutch pride

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by jjviegas, May 14, 2013.

1. jjviegas

jjviegas Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
    Taken at Queen's day in Amsterdam, Oly OM-D.

Any C/C are surely welcome.

8734804370_08fae2b0cc_o.

2. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Uitstekend! Would have preferred the man a little more to the right, though ...

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Movie clip

very nice and the colours work well.

I would have preferred it without the van but you cannot stop traffic for the shot, cropping it as such will make it too narrow so it is either a clone job or leave it in.

It looks like something out of a movie clip though!

4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Too much space behind him, not enough space in front of him. Still an awesome capture of a cool character!

5. jjviegas

jjviegas Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2013
    Madrid, Spain
    Thank you all for your C&C. As you can say in street photography, shoot it or leave it, I only had this chance to take this shot, and this was the result. I tweaked the colors a little to my taste too.

6. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Looks a little like Robert Downey Jr!

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I like what you did with the colors, seems to fit the shot very well. :cool:

8. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    I love it! Whenever you see a man in an orange suit, don't be shy, take his photo! And this image was made for turning the volume up on the color. Nice work! Having him at the forefront of the photo (where he belongs) with daily life in the background - great composition.

9. unkabin

unkabin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I agree. In this case, I like him where he is, bold and in the lead, with life small and trailing behind him.