1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Dusty moubtain trekk

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Adubo, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I went on a trekk today to a mountain. On our way their walking for 4hours trekking on top of a hardened magma. I noticed it was very hazy and dusty. So i checked my m4/3 gear and lenses were all covered in dust. I didnt have my filter on my 40-150mm but on the other lenses i did.

I was wondering if any way the dust would find its way inside the lens, or worse, inside te camera to the sensor.

P.S i wiped it using my micro fiber cloth and used a rocket air blower to clean it after the trekk.

Really bothered by it since m4/3 is the only system i have right now.

Cheers!

Andrew

2. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    My experience is to use a small soft brush to remove dust on the outside, maybe a puffer, but NOT compressed air. Compressed air can actually force dust into places a brush/puffer won't. Do all of this with the lens on. Get the camera as clean as you can before the lens comes off. Be careful with that type of dust in wiping off your LCD. A brush would do better than rubbing.

Oh, you'll get dust in the lens. IMHO lenses just aren't made the way they used to be, and dust is the obvious result of that. Some come out of the box with specs inside. These lightweight lenses feel even less well-made, and that manifests itself in construction/sealing. Until we get pro-level bodies and lenses in these systems, we won't get the rubber seals at the lens mount and sealed buttons/switches of the DSLRs.