Dust in the viewfinder

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Razer, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    That one thing m4/3 don't have to worry about is dust in the Viewfinder :2thumbs:

I've read so many posts in the past were people have suffered from dust in the viewfinder, Canon being the worst for it for some reason even when bought new from the store.

But eventually it does and will happen depending on how your store your mirror slapping camera.

Having an EVF or not having one at all, get rid of this annoying problem.

And with the SSWF on the sensor being best version for shifting dust.

dust problems with m4/3 becomes a none issuse.

Only the lenses will have problem with dust but that itself isn't really an issuse as it doesn't effect the lens one single bit, unless you leave it in some dusty corner for months.
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    My 5D had dust in the viewfinder that I just ignored.
    When I sold it I was reminded as the purchaser asked
    about it and I had completely forgotten it was there.....
  3. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    I had a 40d that had dust on the sensor and was a bugger to get rid off. I also then sold the 40d and bough a Leica D-lux4 which had a cluster of dead pixels from day 1. So i sent that back and bought a 450d and that had 2 dead pixels and a cluster of about 4 dead pixels.....so that went back!!! Bought the GF1 and (touch wood!) all is well! :smile:
  4. voyager

Dec 31, 2009
    It doesn't really bother me.
  5. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    But it does bother alot of people, and moreso when you try to sell it on secondhand, one of the first things they ask does it have any dust of specs in the Viewfinder.