Durability of Peak Designs Slide Lite links?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Dolphinjon, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Dolphinjon

Dolphinjon Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2016
    I received a Quick Strap for Christmas (Black Rapid knockoff) for Christmas. I like it, but it's starting to wear out already and I'd like to get something that will last longer.

I like the design (at least from seeing it online) of the Slide Lite, but I'm worried about the durability of it, especially the connect links. Does anyone have any experience with its longevity? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

2. Sniksekk

Sniksekk Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2015
    I've used Peak design 2 years.
    Never had any problems with durability.
    Works flawless for me.
    I guess with "links" you mean anchors.
    That's what my answer was about at least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dolphinjon

Dolphinjon Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2016
    Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mario23

mario23 Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2014
    FL
    I have the slide lite. No issues whatsoever with the anchors or overall durability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. burdickjp

burdickjp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    I have one, and their micro plate: http://amzn.com/B009YASO7I

I prefer hanging the camera by the plate than the normal strap rings. Having the strap through the plate doesn't interfere with it going on a tripod, BTW.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

6. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
  7. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

I've got the cuff and the leash, both have alternated regularly between my 4 bodies depending on use... No durability issues at all, I can even sling two bodies (EM1 and GM1) on the leash...

8. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I've had the original anchors on both my E-M1 and A7r since they came out (backed the kickstarter) and no complaints here. Been eyeing the slide light since I do like the mechanism on my everyday messenger bag. I really like their products.

9. Dolphinjon

Dolphinjon Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2016
    Thank you for all of the comments. I ordered a Slide Lite earlier today and even saved a few dollars thanks to Amazon Warehouse Deals.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    I switched to the Slide Lite from OpTech quick release clips because of arthritis in my hands. The OpTech strap I had was premium build quality and has lasted many years. I highly recommend OpTech as a first class manufacturer of camera supports but my fingers are getting weaker and I was having trouble pressing the quick release clips I thought I'd give the Peak Design Slide Lite (the Slide was too wide for my shoulder). Now I can apply lighter pressure to get the anchor links to engage or release. Thank you OpTech for giving me many years of reliable service and thanks to Peak Design for the anchor links which are much easier on these old fingers.
    Bobby

• Like Like x 2