duplicating e-pl2 diorama time lapse effect

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kimchi, Nov 16, 2011.

1. kimchi

kimchi New to Mu-43

Nov 16, 2011
    First time here, so sorry if this topic has been covered.

I love my e-pl2's diorama video effect. I was wondering if there was any way to duplicate the time lapse effect for other video filters or for when shooting movies in general.

Just to be specific: When filming in Diorama art filter mode, it seems to capture video at about 2 or 3 frames per second. Then when played back it has a sped up/time lapse effect.

I'd like to be able to duplicate this effect for other filming modes - basically a cheat on time lapse photography.

I checked through the settings but can't seem to find an option for this.

any ideas?
  2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    A Hahnel Giga T Pro might be able to give you that option . I would give a link but don't seem to be able to on this phone !
  3. kimchi

kimchi New to Mu-43

Nov 16, 2011
    thanks. I might get a remote timer somewhere down the line, but i'm really just looking for what is apparently already built into the camera.

My thinking is: if the Diorama mode can do it, why not the other movie modes.
  4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    diorama does it because the camera is bogged down with the processing of the effect, not because its SUPPOSED to be like that
    any of the heavy processing effects will similarly bog it down, id imagine

tho im sure theres got to be some option in imovie or the like for a similar effect