Dumb G1 Question

JoeG

Mu-43 Regular
I feel really stupid--not a new sensation. I can't get my G1 out of the Quick Menu mode. I pushed the QM button inadvertently, and now whenever I turn the camera on all I can get in shooting mode is the Quick Menu screen.

The manual says exit QM by pressing the button again, but all that does is change the color scheme. If I go ahead an shoot anyway, the camera records a picture, but I can only see what it's done in playback.

Tried removing and replacing the battery. Didn't work. Does someone know what I need to do to get back to normal?

Thanks.

Carlarm

Mu-43 Regular
Please describe what you are seeing in "Quick Menu" mode.

When I press the Q. Menu button I still see an image on the LCD and when I press the shutter button half way down the Quick Menu reverts to standard display.

I suspect you are instead seeing the LCD Info display. Press the Display button to cycle through several options for the LCD display. The LCD Info display can be disabled/enabled (with several color options) in the so labeled menu option.

JoeG

Mu-43 Regular
THANKS! You got it in one, Carlarm! It was the display information screen and pushing the display button twice got me back my shooting view, gridlines and all. I'm so relieved that it wasn't something gone wrong with the camera, which is by far the best one I've ever owned or operated.

Thanks again. I owe you a beer.

Joe Glaser

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom