1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Dumb G1 Question

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by JoeG, Jun 19, 2010.

1. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

I feel really stupid--not a new sensation. I can't get my G1 out of the Quick Menu mode. I pushed the QM button inadvertently, and now whenever I turn the camera on all I can get in shooting mode is the Quick Menu screen.

The manual says exit QM by pressing the button again, but all that does is change the color scheme. If I go ahead an shoot anyway, the camera records a picture, but I can only see what it's done in playback.

Tried removing and replacing the battery. Didn't work. Does someone know what I need to do to get back to normal?

Thanks.

2. Carlarm

Carlarm Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Please describe what you are seeing in "Quick Menu" mode.

When I press the Q. Menu button I still see an image on the LCD and when I press the shutter button half way down the Quick Menu reverts to standard display.

I suspect you are instead seeing the LCD Info display. Press the Display button to cycle through several options for the LCD display. The LCD Info display can be disabled/enabled (with several color options) in the so labeled menu option.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

THANKS! You got it in one, Carlarm! It was the display information screen and pushing the display button twice got me back my shooting view, gridlines and all. I'm so relieved that it wasn't something gone wrong with the camera, which is by far the best one I've ever owned or operated.

Thanks again. I owe you a beer.

Joe Glaser