Ducks with G3 and Pana 100-300

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Kiwi Paul, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    The 100-300 lens arrived today so I went down to the Loch and shot some ducks, very poor light so the lens was wide open and using ISO 800 for the first shot but ISO 3200 for the other 2, shot RAW and developed in LR3.
    I'm happy with quality especially with the high ISO and the lens wide open. mFT is the real deal it seems.

Comments welcome.

Paul

P1000729.

P1000736.

P1000755.

• Like Like x 5
  2. marz

marz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2011
    Pyrenees, France
    Marcel
    I must say that these look amazing, did you have to do a lot of PP to get the pix looking like this? or is the G3 that good at high iso on it's own?

3. Nice results, and very instructive. Thanks for the background info.

I had provisionally drawn the line at ISO1600 for JPEG, and assumed (I have never used RAW btw) that RAW would not make enough difference to let me go higher, but your results are making me reconsider.

Is that the Release Candidate of LR3 you are using, or have they issued the production version now?

4. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Thanks for the comments.
    I used the release candidate version of LR3.5, not too much PP, just upped the sharpening a bit and moved the noise slider to about 20 not very much, didn't really need to but it just tidied them up a bit and a wee bit of contrast and sat adjustment etc but only small changes.
    I'm really pleased with the shots, both the performance of the lens and the camera, I'm super impressed with the G3 it's a cracker camera.

Paul