1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Dubai, UAE

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by icase81, Feb 25, 2011.

1. icase81

icase81 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    Philly, PA
    These are some photos from my honeymoon this past Nov 2010. These were all taking with an E-PL1 with the kit lens, unless otherwise noted.

Views from both sides of floor 27 in the Burj Al Arab (The sail building)
    The manmade harbor for the Jumeira Beach Hotel. This is using the diorama filter. This is the only photo I used anything on the camera. I just like the shadow in the photo of the building we're in.

Overlooking the Palm 1 at sunset

Passion fruit infused gelatin molecules in water

The elevator door in the Burj

A shot of the north arm of Ferrari World. Construction isn't finished 100% so the sod hasn't been laid yet. I liked the red flowers with the portion of the red roof.

The only F1 car shot that came out. I think this was taken using my 28mm f2.8 OM prime. I'm not sure though. This was on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, the same as Ferrari World

This is the shot from our hotel room on the 31st floor of the Jumeira Towers Hotel facing south west. You can see the Burj Khalifa (the worlds tallest building)

This was in the Gold Soukh portion of the Dubai Mall

Me in the desert near the border of Oman.

Just random dunes in the desert.

My beautiful wife standing next to the cutout at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant. The food was pretentious, but she enjoyed it so it was worthwhile. This was shot with my iPhone 4, hence it looking like noisy garbage.

The next few pics are from Al Bastakya. This is the 'original' Dubai village. Its been restored and is now a home for art galleries and museums.

This was a museum of some sort.

Some random art.

Lounging and relaxing in the coin museum.

iPhone pic on a Dubai Creek cruise.

And I'll close out with another iPhone pic of my darling wife. The E-PL1 battery was dead (i didn't bring the charger and it lasted 7 full days of shooting before giving up the ghost)

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Howdy neighbor.
    Nice images.... Welcome aboard.
    Shooter

3. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Looks like you're in the Burj al Arab in the first picture. :)

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Thanks for the tour as I'm unlikely to see it in person. An interesting and varied selection. Some of your images could do with some straightening (or perhaps the tilt is intentional?).

5. icase81

icase81 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    Philly, PA
    Yup! It even says so in the 2nd line. :tongue: Just kidding, I usually don't read any of the text in photo threads either.

Everything is straight out of the camera. No editing at all. I really didn't want to edit 450 pics before uploading them when we got home. :smile: