Dual port travel charger - em5ii

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by siftu, Sep 21, 2015.

1. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Has anyone tried the dual port chargers they sell on ebay.

^^2xBLN-1 Battery+Dual Charger for Olympus OMD M-5 EM5 E-M5 II E-M1 E-P5 EP5 PEN

I am going on a trip within the month and will have my em5ii and em10 with me. They take different batteries BLN-1 and BLS-5. I was wondering if these could do both just with changing the little insert. How do they hold up?

Guess I should just get one and see but would love to hear from anyone who has tried it out.
  2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I can't comment on the one in your link however I do use a Watson Duo which runs along the same lines.

Watson Duo LCD Charger with 2 BLN-1 Battery Plates D-3512 B&H

It's generally a very good charger, reasonably fast and charges batteries to their stated capacity. It also does a little bit of double duty with the USB port letting me charge my phone. The main reason I purchased it was because it can also function as a car charger using 12v off the cigarette lighter socket rather than having to resort to an inverter. The biggest downside to it is you cannot turn the backlight off on the LCD and thus it can light up rooms at night, I cover it with a piece of cardboard.

With the Watson you can change battery type by using a different insert, I have the inserts for four different batteries and run different types at the same time with no problems at all.